Friday, May 21, 2010

Additional entertainment

I almost forgot - you have probably been listening to The Monitor non-stop for about two months now, and The Airing of Grievances for about two years, stopping only to listen to The Monitor, and, well, you are probably understandably exhausted. Happily, two "new" (or new-ish) packages of Titus Andronicus music ae now available for you, for free!

Firstly, the internet's greatest Titus Andronicus website TitusAndronic.Us has posted for download a compilation of some "rarities" - b-sides, songs from out-of-print seven inches, live recordings, etc., from our early years entitled The Feats of Strength. This is funny for me, because every holiday, my cousin Connor suggests to me that The Feats of Strength has to be the name of our next album. Now I finally have a proper excuse for him! Frankly, part of me wishes at least one of the songs on this compilation would have never seen the light of day (cuz it suxx), but that is okay. It is still cool. It sort of reminds me of Naked Baby Photos by Ben Folds Five, although it doesn't have any songs as good as "The Ultimate Sacrifice." Download the compilation here, and tell all yr friends, "See? I told you they sucked!"

A slightly more up-to-date representation of the sort of noises we make has been made available by that always great internet resource NYC Taper. This great guy made a good quality recording of our most recent show at Maxwell's in Hoboken, NJ, and you can download it here. It has all the hits on it, and us playing "Waking Up Drunk" by the Spider Bags WITH the Spider Bags! Neat! One disclaimer: on the site, it says that I told Greg (the NYC taper himself) that this show would be a good one to record. That wasn't what I said. What I said was that the show was probably going to be a lot better sounding than the last one that he taped, which sounded like shit. Don't go looking for that one. You should peruse the site though, and check it frequently - great recordings get posted all the time. I am especially fond of listening to their recording of our pals the Babies at Glasslands a few months ago. Great!

Of course, all this is moot until you get yr fill of watching the new Free Energy video, which, if you are like me, will be never. Great video? Or greatest video? Both, of course!

Bang Pop

FREE ENERGY | MySpace Music Videos


These guys are opening for Juliette Lewis in Paris tonight, something we did last night. I could say a lot of stuff about that concert, and I really want to, but I won't. Okay, gotta go now. Take care.

Yr friend,
Patrick

8 comments:

Greg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Greg said...

on the subject of additional material... is there any way to view the documentary about the making of 'the monitor'? it was on pitchfork for a week and has now disappeared off the face of everything. thank you

NathanaelDrumm0113家明 said...

上來打聲招呼,祝你一切平安!.............................................

韋于倫成 said...

友情像一棵樹木,要慢慢的栽培,才能成長真的友誼,要經過困難考驗,才可友誼永固..............................

桂竹桂竹 said...

感謝分享好的作品~~.........................

rodriguezp said...

淫蕩人妻,日本美女短片免費觀看淫娃免費視訊淫娃免費視訊聊天室淫淫美女視訊交友一網情深聊天室一葉情貼影片區一葉晴語音聊天網av127上班族酒趴網日本 a 片,無碼影片,美女,sexy,a片天堂杜雷斯免費影片壞朋友論壇一夜情視訊影音視訊fm358視訊美女聊天室免費性影片成人短片sexaa免費看影片拓網交友高雄援交妹彩虹視訊交友網免費聊天66k正妹視訊elove交友520sex視訊影音交友aio 交友愛情館台北美女視訊新竹援交自拍av短片-免費a片一夜情台中援交妹視訊go2av成人聊天室情人視訊網免費視訊美女自拍線上av免費影片1007視訊a片免費看視訊交友ing168 視訊聊天室一對一 show666vl netbbs論壇本土自拍免費視訊聊天 msn亞洲限制級成人影片區

SadeRa盈君iford0412 said...

I guess I will need a lot.................................................................

saim said...

It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to come here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us



natural minerals